November 1 2016 is World Vegan Day! Grab your friends and head downtown to experience some awesome vegan eats. I have compiled 6 great places you must check out.
1. The Habitat Project (credit for above photo) is one of downtown’s newest bussiness’s located on Alexander Ave. They manage to pack 2lbs of produce into each bottle of juice. Perfect for breakfast or a snack on the go.
Check out their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/habitproject/photos/ for ordering details.
2. The Yellow Deli serves up good vibes and even better food. Try a sandwich on one of their steamed honey buns and a smoothie from their juice bar. Yummy!
Located at 45845 Yale Rd, Chilliwack, BC V2P 2N6
3. The Harvest Store + Cafe on Mill St. has something scrumptious to offer all taste buds! For lunch head over and try their vegan sandwich. Containing chickpeas, avocado, smoked almonds, fresh veggies and fresh made bread made from scratch.
Be sure to like their Facebook page to keep up to date with their newest creations. https://www.facebook.com/HarvestStoreCafe/?fref=ts
4. Looking for a great salad today? You have to check out Preston’s Restaurant and Lounge located inside of the Coast Hotel Chilliwack. They have a wonderful spinach salad, complete with local berries, maple glazed pecans, red onions, carmelized honey and balsamic vinegarette. Yam fries are a great appy to pair with your salad.
Click here for their full menu: http://www.prestonsrestaurant.ca/chilliwack/#front-page-2
5. Think going vegan means giving up pizza? Think again. Jim’s Pizza offers a vegan cheese subsitute called Daiya, made of only the best plant based ingredients.
Check out Jim’s menu http://jimschilliwack.com/
Find out more about Daiya at: http://daiyafoods.com/
6. We didn’t forget about dessert! Pho Basil has a special Taro Rice Pudding that you must try. Who says healthy can’t be a treat?
Visit Pho Basil’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Pho-Basil-1554195891535146/?fref=ts
These option are just the tip of the iceburg! Ask your favourite downtown restaurant what their vegan options are. And enjoy!